Tuesday, December 18, 2012

That glorious top knot!

Ello ladie friends.
 
Here is what I did today.
 

 
Commonly known as the "Top knot" or "Messy Bun".
 
You see, this is a masterpsiece of a hair-do becuase it is so versatile.
 
- Dirty Hair
- Fancy
- Casual
-Sleek
- Messy
 
I went for a more messy casual look.
 
Now, please note that there are seeeeveral ways to get this bun but I like to use the SoCk BuN method because I have so many layers that when I try to wrap my hair around a doughnut there are MANY more bobby pins needed.
 
Here is what I use.
 
 
Okay, the lipstick doesn't go in the hair but you get the point, it was used. revlon FiJi
.::LoVe love LoVe this color <3::.
 
Grab one of your husbands miss matched black dress socks and cut off the footed end.
 Put your hair in a high pony tail, slide your hair through the sock, and secure the sock around the base of your pony with another pony tail or pick up some of the pony tail and stick the end of the sock under it.
Then pick your pony tail straight up in the air and begin turning your hair inside out folding the sock downward creating the bun look.
If you are going for a sleek look it's beneficial to do this when your hair is wet, and if you want a messy look than obviously do the opposite.
Just roll your sock bun down until you reach the crown of your head and secure with a bobby pin or two.
Bangs up or down, twisted or braided maybe, it's all yours for deciding. :)
 
I opted for a dramatic swept over bang look. I def do NOT always wear my bangs like this. My bangs usually start about an inch further into the center. Though... I do like this. Hmm???
 
 
Badda bing.
 
 
 
Sweet tea, yall.

 
 
Faux Fur, yall.

 
Leopard, yall.
 
- K. Busby
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment